To the glory of God, we have proclaimed the Good News to the Los Lunas community since December 19, 1977. God, through Paul, teaches us to know nothing except Christ Jesus crucified. Jesus is our Lord, who loved us so much that He died on a cross to forgive us our sins and give us precious life, now and for eternity. By God’s miraculous working, in Christ’s death, He won victory over Satan and all other powers and authorities, including death itself. Christ rose from the dead and lives and reigns as King of kings to all eternity. Our name, Christ the King, gives glory to God for all He has done for us through His victorious Son, Jesus.
We strive to be firmly established in God’s Word through Sunday adult Bible Study and children’s Sunday School, Wednesday morning Bible Study (in topical format), Adult Information Classes covering the basic doctrines of the Christian faith, summer Vacation Bible School for our young children, Confirmation Instruction for our 7th and 8th graders, and periodic classes on theology and current events. Pre-marital counseling and instruction, parenting classes and pastoral counseling are available by making arrangements with our pastor. Our ladies are very active in outreach through our Women’s Lutheran Missionary League (LWML) and the Altar Guild. Ladies of all ages are encouraged to be involved.
What We Teach:
- The Bible is the Word of God for man, given by God through His chosen workers, exactly what God wanted us to hear and know, and right for all times (incl. our time).
- The Bible reveals that there is only one God, who is the almighty creator and sustainer of all. Our one God exists eternally in the three distinct persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- All men are by nature enemies of God because they are born of sinful parents and have, themselves, sinned, and so, are under an eternal death sentence. But, God won forgiveness for our sins and returned us to life by paying the debt we owe for sin. He paid this debt by the sacrifice and death of the His Son, Jesus Christ.
- This gift of forgiveness and life rightfully belongs to all who believe in what Jesus Christ is and has done. Through this gift God calls us to be His children.
- The members of Christ the King rejoice that God has gathered us to himself by bringing us to believe in Christ and has made us to no longer be His enemies. We are forgiven sinners.
- We want to tell you about Jesus. Won’t you please come and hear about the wonderful things that He has done?